Managing complex people issues and mental health in the workplace.
Practical ways to support managers and achieve positive outcomes
Statistics clearly indicate the high prevalence of mental health issues in the general population, as well as the impacts on workplaces. This means that a frontline manager will almost certainly encounter complex people issues in which mental health is a factor. Mental health issues can affect people’s workplace behaviour and performance in many ways. These impacts are far reaching, and may spillover into impacts for the team and for the broader workplace. Workers may need temporary support from their manager and workplace as they address mental health issues. Sometimes mental health challenges may be underlying issues such as poor performance, workplace conflict, absenteeism / presenteeism, and uncharacteristic changes in a workers behaviour or demeanour.
Evexia has a unique combination of skillsets which drive collaborative problem solving when dealing with complex people issues. We combine organisational, clinical and forensic expertise and our psychologists share these skillsets across our team. Because of these combined skillsets we are well-placed to advise managers on complex people issues, including those that may involve staff mental health.
Our complex people advisory services add value to managers through the following:
- Coaching managers to understanding the likely impacts on individuals, teams and the broader workplace
- Providing guidance on safe and effective responses to workplace conflict.
- Developing specific team and individual level interventions to assess and address risk.
- Guiding managers to provide appropriate support to employees affected by mental health conditions.
- Advising and training managers on the potential impacts of mental health conditions on the individual and the broader workplace.
- Developing strategies in conjunction with managers to have conversations with individuals affected by mental health conditions.
- Advising managers on the processes involved in supporting a person with mental health issues – eg Employee Assistance Programs (EAP), workplace specific support strategies.
- Advising managers on the processes involved in supporting staff affected by behaviour related to mental health conditions.
- In some cases, conducting specialised assessments, or recommending services who may support with this.
You might also like
WORKPLACE CONFLICT AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
The Evexia Workplace Conflict and Dispute Resolution process goes beyond a standard mediation or investigation process to ensure long term, sustainable resolution of conflict, support and growth for aVIEW
PEOPLE ADVISORY IN 2020
Are your people issues making you tired, worried, stressed or exasperated? We are seeing an escalation of everyday hurdles evolving into complex challenges for leaders in 2020. The volatility, uncertaVIEW
COVID, Social Media and Technology
Having access to the internet, online news and social media is something that makes getting through COVID easier right?VIEW
Managing your wellbeing through COVID
Some TIPS for looking after ourselves through COVID.VIEW